First of all let me thank you for all of your very wonderful comments on my last post. Seems to me you all think blogging is an important part of your life and you wish to keep at it. I just want to make sure you all understand that if you choose to be a part of any or all social media that is perfect for you, I am not judging anyone who does, I just think that most of it isn't for me at this point. Any time I get to be on the computer, other than work, I want it to be with all of you, or of course getting inspiration from Pinterest and Ravelry. Now on to other things.......
Last weekend I had a very fun day on Saturday. My friend Cathy and I took a stand up paddle board lesson. Have you seen the people paddling away while standing up? It was a lot of fun and I didn't fall off at all. Now keep in mind we had our lesson on a very small lake, or as I call it a very large pond. There were no waves, or even boats to make a wake, so we stayed upright. And if you are familiar with Florida at all you know that in any freshwater you want to stay upright, there are alligators (although I was assured only a very small one lived in the lake/pond), water moccasins and other highly nasty creatures waiting to bite me. I think I would rather risk it in the ocean with sharks than a lake/pond in Florida. Hopefully we are going to take it to the next level and rent paddle boards very soon, for a fun morning out on the Gulf of Mexico.
We also made an impromptu trip to Hobby Lobby. Now I know many of you out there go all the time, but it is a bit of a drive for me and I have a Joann's very close by so I tend to go their instead. But my friend wanted to go and have a peek around so I went along. I found a big four pronged knitting loom I am going to use with the little girls I work with, and I found some fun fabric to recover the chair in my studio/craft space.
This is the before photo. I recovered this chair years ago. It matches the ones around my kitchen table. See the shredded fabric? It really was a mess, I think years and years of boys pushing back onto the rear legs of the chair while sitting at the computer, finally took its toll. And in my defense I have been looking for fabric for a while to do this project, but apparently not looking hard enough.
I spotted this fabric right away, look how nice it looks against the rug I have in my room. I'd say it looks pretty perfect.
After unscrewing all the screws and removing the fabric this is what I found. I forgot this chair had a leather seat, a very old leather seat.
I cut a piece of foam to match the seat shape, I cut out the fabric and stapled them onto the wooden bottom. Fast and easy, just the kind of project I like. I love the way it looks and now wonder what took me so long to recover it?
I had extra fabric so I recovered this exercise disk that I use on my chair as a pillow. I sit on it and work on my balance, it helps my back to not get all kinked up when I am at the computer for a long time.
I cut out the fabric, serged the rough edges, pressed the edges under about 1/2 an inch, and then made a running stitch which I gathered all up and tied off.
The bottom of the pillow isn't all that lovely but it looks pretty nice from the top.
For under $15 dollars I recovered a chair and a pillow, that includes the fabric and foam. Now of course I am looking at all of the chairs around my kitchen table thinking they look pretty shabby. None were in this bad of shape so they are still presentable, but still I think another chair project is going to be happening soon.
Hope you are all having a great day.

0 Yorumlar