Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The King James Bible

 

The King James Bible was published in 1611 and remains the single best-selling book of all time. I prefer the KJB above all other versions of the Bible. I have three copies in my home, including a large-print version because I’ve reached that tender age where large print is helpful. Of all the books I have read and studied, The King James Bible is undoubtedly responsible for raising literacy levels because it was once the primary volume families and educators used to teach children how to read. My first copy was the 1960s World Publishing Company edition with the words of Christ printed in red. I still own that copy, although I mostly refer to the large-print edition these days. I have long been fascinated by the King James Bible and it’s not unusual for me to consult certain sections. The language is beautiful, and I remain confused why certain groups felt the need to change the structure. No matter, the KJB remains in print and is widely available. In these troubled times, I cannot think of a better book to recommend. The King James Bible is the starting point for discussions on the teachings of Jesus Christ. As I mentioned in other posts, I am in favor of educating ourselves through literacy, and this blog does indeed cover all types of books, but this is the one to start with. Frankly, I don’t believe enough people have read it from cover to cover. Find yourself a copy today and read it. Peace my friends.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar