Greetings dear friends & readers
I had a good trip to Mums although my visits are never long enough now to achieve all that I would hope to.
Mums beautiful cat - formerly Marley, now named Bubby - has been with her just over a year now.
They have a bit of a love/hate relationship to tell the truth ... but Bubby is good company for Mum.
I just adore her & could easily have sneaked to into my car when I left.
Mum turned 87 while I was there & I cooked a family dinner for all of us.
To be honest, whenever I leave Mums I usually spend the 4 hour trip home worrying & fretting over her & wishing I lived closer.
I often feel quite anxious .... so I was lucky enough to be able to call to see my lovely friend Claire on my way home.
Claires gorgeous home has featured often in my blog & a visit with her is always such a tonic & a "pick-me-up"
We chatted, ate slices & drank coffee & suddenly .... well over 2 hours had gone by !!!!
I clicked away & put together a few little collages of Claires home to share with you
Her Mum crocheted her the beautiful ripple blanket above on Claires spare bed
Besides being just "one of lifes nice people" Claire is especially kind & generous & always happy to show me her new creations & share her inspiration
This is one of the things I love about visiting her as - on my drive home, instead of worrying & fretting over Mum for 4 hours, my mind spins with all sorts of creative pursuits & things I would wish to make !!!!!
In her spare room, Claire pulled out a big old vintage suitcase & begun showing me some christmas makes she had completed last holiday season
Her beautiful Easter Table . . .
I tried really hard to sneak this next little vignette into my car ... but alas I was not successful
Claires new vintage table in her lounge room
And lastly, Claire had just made her bed up with quilts & cushions in warmer tonings ready for the cooler months ahead .... just stunning
Mum informed me quite bluntly upon my arrival, she was NOT sitting waiting while I "trawled endlessly around the Op Shops" this visit !!!
Who ????? Moir ?????
But while Mum was having her hair done on her birthday, I managed to have a quick squizzy around 3 of them.
These little treasures below were rather quickly hidden in the car
We went to the Garden Centre to buy vege plants so I could plant Mums raised garden up for winter.
While there she secretly bought me this cute little planter as a "thank you" for all my work . . .
Since my arrival home I have planted the pots with Mint & Parsley.
I am most happy to report that as I type this .... the Plasterer is currently beginning our lounge room plastering
Oh yes ...... at long, long, looonnnng last !!!!!!!
I was also happy to see that Madam Pippi was checking he did bring all the correct tools he might need in his wagon !!!!
However, there are two things I am not quite so happy to report upon my return home . . .
(1) The cat baskets on the table appear to have multiplied & now the little sods have one each !!!!!!!!
(2) The Mr appears to have broken his leg the very day I returned home !!!!
Knocked over by a cow who then stood on him no less !!!
Right in the middle of autumn calving !!!!
Oh the absolute joys of it all !!!!
I shall get around to visiting you all at your blogs as soon as I manage to stop grinding my teeth !!!
Have a wonderful weekend dear readers ... thanks so very much for your visits today
with much love & friendship,
Julie & the (spoilt) furry ones
x0x0x0x
While there she secretly bought me this cute little planter as a "thank you" for all my work . . .
Since my arrival home I have planted the pots with Mint & Parsley.
I am most happy to report that as I type this .... the Plasterer is currently beginning our lounge room plastering
Oh yes ...... at long, long, looonnnng last !!!!!!!
I was also happy to see that Madam Pippi was checking he did bring all the correct tools he might need in his wagon !!!!
However, there are two things I am not quite so happy to report upon my return home . . .
(1) The cat baskets on the table appear to have multiplied & now the little sods have one each !!!!!!!!
(2) The Mr appears to have broken his leg the very day I returned home !!!!
Knocked over by a cow who then stood on him no less !!!
Right in the middle of autumn calving !!!!
Oh the absolute joys of it all !!!!
I shall get around to visiting you all at your blogs as soon as I manage to stop grinding my teeth !!!
Have a wonderful weekend dear readers ... thanks so very much for your visits today
with much love & friendship,
Julie & the (spoilt) furry ones
x0x0x0x







0 Yorumlar