I just noticed my previous post was actually my 50th one. Perhaps I should have done something special :-). But in the end, it is just a number.
Although I have kind off treated myself with a present.
After many years depending on natural daylight and my painting LED light, I decided to invest in a foldable light box.
Nothing special or expensive, but I hope it will help me to take better pictures.
The next step is a better camera, as I still depend on my smartphone to do the job, but a macro lens will probably yield much better results. But this is something which will hurt my wallet a lot for the moment.
My Wraith below is actually the first miniature to visit the box. But I still need to find the optimal placement for the lights and all. Perhaps I need to place an overhead lamp as well to reduce the shadows more.
Although I have kind off treated myself with a present.
After many years depending on natural daylight and my painting LED light, I decided to invest in a foldable light box.
Nothing special or expensive, but I hope it will help me to take better pictures.
The next step is a better camera, as I still depend on my smartphone to do the job, but a macro lens will probably yield much better results. But this is something which will hurt my wallet a lot for the moment.
My Wraith below is actually the first miniature to visit the box. But I still need to find the optimal placement for the lights and all. Perhaps I need to place an overhead lamp as well to reduce the shadows more.
Earlier this week, it became clear I wasn't going to finish Araka on time, meaning before Friday.
The main reason I chose too many colours to paint him with.
So I shifted my focus to my partially painted Wraith.
As I don't really like the official paintjob on him, I started searching for alternate colour schemes.
My first idea was to either do him in blood red or bright green with black armour.
A bit like this:
But looking at the rest of my Cult, both colour schemes would look out of place between my other gloomy miniatures.
In the end, I decided to go a bit more ghostly, ... and I'm happy that I did as I think he is my best painted Bushido miniature so far.
What do you think?
The light box sure helped a lot with taking the pictures, but as you can see there are still some disturbing shadows.
Thanks for reading!
Wouter






0 Yorumlar